WHAT DOES THE WORD “TREATMENT” MEAN?
“Treatment” is a term specific to Religious Science. Treatment is scientific, affirmative prayer. It is the process necessary to change our thought so that we think thoughts of Good. Treatment removes doubt and fear, and lets in the realization of the ever-presence of God. It is the alignment of our individual thought with the perfect right action of God. We treat for two reasons: to make a positive change, and to stay in Oneness with God.
THE 5 STEPS OF TREATMENT
1. RECOGNITION (GOD IS) Recognize God as the ultimate, limitless Presence and Power in the universe. God is all there is.
2. UNIFICATION (I AM) After recognizing God as the ultimate Presence and Power in and through everything, you now accept that you and God are one. You know God acts through you, as you, in you, and in all life. I am one with God, now.
3. DECLARATION/REALIZATION (I ACCEPT; I AFFIRM) Already knowing that you are part of God, you realize without doubt or reservation that the good you desire to experience is now taking form through God’s Power. I know my desire is complete and I accept.
4. THANKSGIVING / ACCEPTANCE (I GIVE THANKS) Having clearly stated and affirmed what you want to experience, you thankfully accept that the good you desire is yours right now. I accept and give thanks for this good right here and now.
5. RELEASE (I LET GO and LET GOD) After thankfully accepting your good as already accomplished, you release your prayer to the activity of the Universal Law of Mind, completely freeing yourself of concern. I let go and let God. I release this truth in total belief that it is done.
At the end of every Spiritual Mind Treatment, we say the words “And so it is.” These words let us release our treatment out of our hands with total conviction that we BELIEVE and KNOW that what we desire is already done through the Power of God.
Want to learn more about Spiritual Mind Treatment? Listen to the following Talks by Rev. Pam as she takes you through each of the steps of Treatment: